Facebook reported that the World Cup has racked up more than a billion comments, posts, and “likes” which is more than any other event in history. About 220 million people have taken part in the unprecedented online conversation. Knock-out matches that took place during the weekend pushed the overall number of “interactions” at Facebook past […]
Football is clearly America’s game, but the NFL can’t touch soccer when it comes to the global stage. Just look at the social media followings of the two sports. The NFL’s 30 most valuable teams have 60 million Facebook FB +4.18% fans and Twitter followers combined. Spanish soccer powerhouse Barcelona has 61 million all by itself.
- Is Soccer Replacing Skateboarding as Fashion’s Bandwagon of the Moment?
- Here’s Why Football Jerseys Are Trending Hard Right Now
- With Kith x Adidas Soccer, You Don’t Have to Choose Between Style and Performance
- The Dark Side of American Soccer Culture
- Project Commits $3 Million to Build 50 Soccer Fields in New York